Friday, August 16, 2013

Why hire a professional?

I just wanted to take a minute today to share why I think you should hire a professional photographer instead of just someone with a nice camera.  Photographers have invested countless hours of training not only in the classroom and in the "field", but have also researched various ways to improve their skill set.  In addition, they have really committed their finances to set up a professional website, advertise, and buy SO MUCH equipment! While I think asking a friend to snap a photo can work out well, it doesn't have the same end result of asking someone with training and experience.

 I haven't been in this business too long, I'm going on two years this October.  But, I've learned a trick or two about how to pose people, maneuver the camera in various conditions, and post-enhance the photos using Lightroom and Photoshop.  I will always continue to learn new tricks and will continue to get the new equipment and props as the need occurs.  

 I wanted to show you what my photos look like SOOC (straight out of the camera) and what it looks like after running through my editing process.  This is what you are paying me to do!  It takes a lot of time working on a computer.  I'm not complaining in the slightest just trying to make you aware.  In fact, I strangely enjoy the editing process when I'm not bogged down by a million other things to do.  











1 comment: